Along with the release of iOS 6, developers searched for new ways to jailbreak it. However, in a short time, a new update was available in order to fix all old problems. Thankfully, there are many jailbreak tools available, which can easily help you to jailbreak even the new iOS 6.0.1 released on the market. Now, Snowbreeze 2.9.7 has been recently updated in order to offer support for iPhone 4, 3GS and iPod Touch running on iOS 6.0.1. This jailbreak tool is designed for Pre-A5 devices that upgraded to iOS 6.0.1. Remember that this tool is only for the Windows version, if you run on Mac i recommend you to use Redsnow 0.9.15b3.
So, Snowbreeze 2.9.7 gives you the possibility to start jailbreak for iOS 6.0.1 in a tethered manner on all A4 devices such as iPhone 3GS/4 and iPod Touch 4th generation. As some of you might know, this tethered jailbreak requires you to boot in a jailbreak mode each time your device runs out of battery. In order to makes things clear for all of you, Snowbreeze 2.9.7 performs only a tethered jailbreak on all older devices.
The following steps will show you what you need to do in order to jailbreak your device running on iOS 6.0.1.
1. Download Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 on your computer and install it. For this, you might want to create a special directory on your desktop in order to have everything at hand.
2. Connect your device to your computer.
3. Run Snowbreeze on your computer.
4. Click on the Blue Arrow in order to start the process. At this time, you need to select an IPSW file. This will show you the firmware installed on your device.
5. You will be directed to a new window where you need to select the Simple Mode option. This will build you an alternative firmware. Once you clicked on it, the jailbreak process will start and you need to wait a little bit before the program does its job. When it is completed, you will see a window containing the “Done” message.
6. At this moment, you need to restore this new firmware on your device with the help of the iTunes feature. With the help of the iREB option in the Snowbreeze menu, you will be able to place your device in the Pwned DFU mode. Once all these are completed, you are free to restore your device.
Now, you will have a new jailbroken device to use it as you please.
After you finish the jailbreak mode, you will need to boot your device in a tethered mode. This action is for acquiring full access over Cydia apps and tweaks. Remember that Cydia need a little bit of time to run all its packages when runs for the first time. You can use iBooty tool in order to boot into the tethered state.