As some developers point out, it is a good thing to save SHSH blobs on your device before starting a new jailbreak on it. In fact, they advise you to save blobs even when you do not start jailbreak on it. So, if you want to prepare your iOS 6/6.1 device for the future untethered jailbreak, here you will learn how to save iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs on your smart device.
However, for those of you, who still do not know the use of SHSH blobs; let me clarify things a little bit. If you accidentally upgrade your device to a newer firmware and you want to downgrade it, you need have the possibility to return to the respective firmware. This thing is only possible with the help of the SHSH blobs. Therefore, if you do not save blobs for a particular firmware, you will never have the possibility to downgrade the respective firmware.
Therefore, in order to be sure, you need to save your SHSH blobs now. This is a measure of precaution for when Apple is planning to release iOS 6.1.1. Follow the following guide and you will see how easy it is to save your iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs.
How to save iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs
1. Download TinyUmbrella according to the operating system you run on your desktop computer. Save the software and install it on your desktop.
2. Launch TinyUmbrella.
3. Connect your device to your computer. This thing includes all Apple devices such as iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on which you want to save SHSH blobs.
4. At this point, you need to choose your device from the list of connected devices.
5. In the Advanced tab, select the “Save all Available SHSH” and “Request SHSH from Cydia” options and uncheck them.
6. Create a new folder where you will be able to save the iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs for your device. Now it is the moment to save the blobs. Click on the Save SHSH option and the software will start saving the SHSH blobs for the current firmware you are running on your device.
7. Choose the folder you created previously in order to make things simpler.
At this point, you should have all your iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs saved on the special directory created by you on your desktop. As a matter of case, I advise you to go and check to see if the SHSH blobs for your device are saved in the right place. Also, check to see if the device and firmware are correctly labeled.
However, at the end of the process, you should receive a message saying SHSH successfully installed. You should start saving your SHSH blobs on all of your iOS running devices just to be sure. When Apple released another firmware, you can also use the same tutorial in order to save the future SHSH blobs. Now, you are already to start untethered jailbreak on your iOS 6.1 device because you prepared your device by saving your iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs.
Take notice that jailbreak iOS 6.1 untethered has just been released yesterday and you can follow our complete guide posted here in order to jailbreak your iDevice.