After the recent release of the iOS 6.0.1, Apple hurried to release a brand new beta version, which is the iOS 6.1 Beta. The iOS 6.1 brings notable changes in what concerns the mapping service and some minor changes in what concerns Safari and Macrumor. Fortunately, this new version is also eligible for jailbreak using the latest version of the most famous jailbreak tool used by millions of jailbreakers in the whole world. I am talking about Redsnow and its last version, which is Redsnow 0.9.15b3. This jailbreak tool works just fine for iOS 6.0.1 firmware and for iOS 6.1 Beta version. If you are not a developer follow our guide posted here in order to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1. I do not know if it is worth mentioning the fact that the beta version is designed for developer use only. This means that if you do not have an application to update or prepare for the future firmware, you should not try to upgrade to iOS 6.1 just yet.
This is a tethered jailbreak and these are the devices compatible with it:
-iPod Touch 4th generation
Here I will show you a short tutorial which you can use to jailbreak the latest iOS version released by Apple. If you follow these simple steps, I am sure that you will have a brand new jailbroken device in no time.
1. The first step is to download and upgrade your device to the iOS 6.1.
2. Download Redsnow 0.9.15b3 on your device. Extract and Install the Redsnow .zip file.
3. Connect your device to your computer and place it in the DFU mode.
4. Open Redsnow 0.9.15b3 and choose to run as administrator.
5. Click on Extras and select the IPSW option, which will lead you to the firmware you want for your device.
6. Return to Redsnow and click on the jailbreak button. In the same time, you need to make sure that Cydia option is checked. Otherwise, you will not have Cydia on your device.
7. After several minutes, the jailbreak process must complete and then you will see the Lock Screen.
This is not all. Once the process is completed, you need to close the Redsnow.
8. Put your device in the DFU mode again and reopen the Redsnow tool.
9. Once you have it on your screen, click on the Extras again and then on the Select IPSW. Select the 6.0 firmware,
10. Click on the Just boot button option. This will perform a tethered jailbreak on your iOS 6.1 beta version.
Now you have a jailbroken device running on the latest iOS 6.1 beta version. Remember that this firmware is only for developers only. Wait until the full version is released and then upgrade your device.