If you recently decided to change your old Android smartphone with a brand new iPhone, then I am sure that you will want to know certain things related to the great world of iOS devices. The iOS is a little bit different from the Android, but during time, you will learn how to deal with it in order to take advantage of it in the best way possible. However, first, you need to know how to move your personal data from Android to iPhone in some easy steps.
Changing your old smartphone requires a lot of patience because you have to manage all your old data in order to be able to use it on your new device. There are numerous pictures, videos, files and songs that you do not want to lose. Transferring data between two similar devices is it easy, but when you think about using two different operating systems, things can become a little bit difficult. However, take into consideration that you will not be able to move exactly everything from your Android to your iPhone. You can still move contacts, music and photos, but you cannot move text messages of conversation history.
Here is a step-by-step guide to move your personal data from Android to iPhone in some easy steps. However, for this process, as you can imagine, you need both of your devices and a computer to connect them to.
1. First, you need to visit the Contacts Section on your device. Here, you can choose to Import or Export them. Now, you should choose to export them to Storage. At this point, you can weather choose to transfer all of them or only several of them. Click on OK and let the device to do its job.
2. At this point, you need to connect your Android device to your computer and to choose the Disk Drive Mode. In this way, your device will be seen as a standalone disk.
3. Cumulate all-important files in a single folder and name it, as you want. For this, you just need to drag and drop each file in the respective folder. Be a little bit selective of what you choose to move because you do not want to load your new device with unnecessary items. In the same time, search for all your contacts saved. They will be gathered in a file named VCF. Once again, drag and drop it in the folder.
4. When you are done with saving and moving all your data from your Android device, connect your new iPhone and launch iTunes service.
5. At this time, you will be able to notice the name of your device. Click on it and select the Photos tab in order to move all your photos. Click on Sync Photos option and choose the folder, which contains all your desired pictures. Once the operation is completed, your photos will be displayed in your camera app of your iPhone.
6. In the case of music files, the whole process is much simpler. You need to drag and drop each file you want and it will also be displayed in the iTunes sidebar.
7. In the case of your contacts, things are a little bit more complicated. First, you need to set up a mail account and then to attach the VCF file containing your contacts and sent it in a mail. Save the attachment and click on the Transfer Contacts. At this point, all your contacts will be saved on the new iPhone. The process might take a while depending on the number of contacts you want to transfer.
This is all. You have now successfully moved all your personal data from your old Android to your new iPhone in some simple easy steps.