As some of you might know, the iH8sn0w has finally released a compatible tool for performing untethered jailbreak on older devices running on iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 and 6.1.5. The well-know jailbreak tool called P0sixpwn was finally released in order to offer support for iOS 6 A4 and A5+ devices, and it is compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 and above. In the case of Windows users, they ill have to wait a little bit because developers are working hard in order to extend the compatibility to Windows users, as well.
With all this fuss concerning the Evad3rs tool, iOS users running on an older version of iOS are not able to use the tool in order to perform an untethered jailbreak on their devices. Therefore, P0sixpwn was released to help them. As we already told you in the download article, P0sixpwn offers support for all iOS devices including the likes of the iPhone 5 running on iOS version 6.1.3, 6.1.4, or 6.1.5.
What is different with this Mac version for untethered jailbreak is the fact that users will not have to restore anything in here. The whole process does not require any installation; therefore, there is no risk of you loosing your data or other personal files.
- Keep in mind that this is an untethered jailbreak compatible with all iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 and 6.1.5 devices.
- As you know, Apple is no longer signing for iOS 6.1.x on latest devices such as iPhone 5. If you fail to do the process as it should be done, you will not be able to reinstall iOS 6.1.x. instead, you will be forced to install Apple’s latest firmware update and namely the iOS 7.
- Make sure you run a full backup for your device in order to protect personal files in case something goes wrong during the process.
- The jailbreak tool is compatible only with Mac OS X 10.7 +.
How to Jailbreak IOS 6.1.3/6.1.4/6.1.5 using P0sixpwn
1. Download P0sixpwn on your Mac OS X 10.7+.
2. Extract the download file. In case you happen to see the “P0sixspwn can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer” message, just right click on the app icon and click on Open.
3. At this point, you will have to plug in your Mac and turn off the Passcode lock. For this, just head over to Settings, General and Passcode lock. Here, you have the possibility to turn it off, on or set a different password.
4. Click on the Jailbreak button and follow the on-screen instructions as the software tells you to.
5. During this time, your device might restart a couple of times. Do not do anything in order to protect your device.
6. After you device reboots, you are done. Now, your iOS 6 device is jailbroken.
The tool is suitable for all those users who choose to remain on an older iOS version such as iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4, or 6.1.5. As you can see, the jailbreak process is actually simple and easy. In the same time, since it does not require since it does not require any restoring, you will be safe.