As some of you might be aware, the latest iOS firmware was recently updated to an improved version, namely the iOS 6.0.1. This means that the operating system has received several updates and bug fixed. This new version brings several improvements in what concerns some issues with the cellular data usage. If you want to upgrade the latest version, you can do it without worrying for a thing. Developers already figured up a jailbreak version for the iOS 6.0.1. To put things clear, iOS 6.0.1 can be jailbroken using the Redsnow jailbreak tool. However you can also use Snowbreeze 2.9.7 in order to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 if you don’t like using this jailbreak tool.
Since it is quite a popular jailbreak tool among users, everybody knows how to perform jailbreak on Apple devices using it. However, jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 is designed only for A4-based devices, namely for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th generation. I would also want to mention the fact that jailbreak for iOS 6.0.1 devices is only available in a tethered mode. For those of you who want to start jailbreaking their iOS 6.0.1 devices, this is what you must do:
1. Download Redsnow 0.9.15b3, which works just fine both on Windows and on Mac.
2. Plug in your device to your computer and start the DFU mode.
3. Open the program and wait for it to detect your device.
4. Click on Extras and select the IPSW option. Then you need to select the iOS 6.0 firmware. This step is for those of you who have not upgraded to iOS 6.01 yet.
5. Return to the Redsnow window and select the Jailbreak option in order to start the jailbreak process.
6. Click Next and wait for the program to do its job. During the jailbreak process, you need to place your device in the DFU mode again.
7. Back on the Redsnow menu, click on Extras and select the Just Boot option. This means that you will perform a tethered boot. Each time your device runs out of battery or you accidentally turn it off, you need to redo this last step. Until an untethered jailbreak will be released, we need to stick to this one.
8. In the last part, when the jailbreak process is completed, you will be able to see the Cydia icon on your screen. Now you can say that you performed jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 successfully on your device.
If you followed this step-by-step guide effectively, it means that you now own a brand new jailbroken iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPod Touch 4th generation.