With the new release of iOS 5.1.1 on the market, many jailbreak tools like iBooty, Redsnow, Snowbreeze started to appear. As you may imagine, these tools perform only a tethered jailbreak. It does bring support for all iOS 5 devices such as iPhone, iPad or iPod with it brings only a tethered state. This means that you have to boot into a jailbreak state each time you restart your device. On the other hand, iH8Sn0w developers updated their amazing iBooty tweak in order to perform boot in a tethered state on all iOS 5.1.1 devices. Here I want to show you how to perform tethered boot for iOS 5.1.1 using iBooty tweak. However, this only works for those of you who used Sn0wBreeze for jailbreak. For those of you who do not know where they can get this software, let me tell that when you use Sn0wBreeze for jailbreak, you will be able to see the iBooty icon on the main screen. If you do not use iBooty to boot, you may experience several problems when launching Safari, Cydia or other jailbroken devices.
So, here are the steps for using iBooty 2.3 to boot in a tethered jailbreak state.
1. The first step is to put your device in a DFU mode. This is how you do it:
– Plug your device to your computer.
– Turn off your device by pressing the Power button.
– Press Home and Power button in the same time for 10 seconds.
– Release the Power button but still press the Home button for another 20 seconds.
2. Now, you have to search for the iBooty option and select your device in the drop-down list. Once you select your respective device, you may press Start.
3. During this step, you need to let iBooty to do its job. You have to wait until the program follows each step. Once its job is done, you will receive a message of confirmation, which suggests that the process was successful.
You are now free to boot your iOS 5.1.1 device in a tethered mode. It supports all iOS 5.1.1 devices namely iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Now, you can use your jailbroken device with the freedom you want.