It is great to know that all your personal data is in a safe place where you can always access it and move it to your current device. For this, you have the possibility to store your whole data in a cloud, actually the iCloud, were you can create a backup for all your files, data and personal things. You can also use your iTunes account, in the same manner as you use your iCloud account; to store your personal files and data. From here, you have the possibility to access them whenever you want in a quick and easy manner, moreover now, with the help of the Wi-Fi support. In this way, you will be able to transfer all your data faster and quicker through the Wi-Fi connection.
When you buy a new iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you can easily transfer your all data, saved in a safe place in the iCloud account. At the first use of the respective device, you will be asked to name the region where you live in and the language that you want to use on your device. The next step is to find the Wi-Fi network you want to use. If you choose to use the 3G connection to transfer all your data from the iCloud, you might pay too much for the phone bill.
Here is a step-by-step guide to follow if you want to restore iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch Backup from the iCloud account.
- Login to your Apple account by using your e-mail and press on Next.
- Agree Terms and Conditions imposed by Apple.
- When you enter in the main window, you will be able to see a list of all backups that you created in the past. Choose the one you want, most probably the latest one and Start the restoration process. This will take a while especially if you have a huge amount of data to restore.
- When iCould finishes the restore process, then your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch will reboot and you will regain all your data back. In the same time, the device will ask you if you want to preserve all old passwords. If you agree, then, it will start re-downloading all your old apps.
The transfer time is calculated depending on your Wi-Fi signal, the amount of data transferred or the power of your device. Do not be inpatient and wait until the device does its job. This was the first solution.
The second alternative is to restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch using an iTunes account. Losing your data can happen from multiple reasons. In order to prevent it, you have the possibility to create a backup copy using your iTunes account, or as you already saw above, your iCloud account. In what concerns the iTunes alternative, the whole process is simple. Each time you sync your device to your computer using iTunes, your data is backed up in a safe place. In order to restore your data from the iTunes account, follow these simple steps:
- Connect your device to your computer. Use the same computer you use when you sync your device to your computer and the one that contains the backup files.
- Launch the iTunes app and fill in your personal information to login to your iTunes account.
- Next, you will see a window containing all backups created during time. Choose the one that you want and need. In most of cases, it is the most recent one.
- At this time, the restoration process is relatively quick because it does not cover your whole data, meaning music and or saved games. When the process ends, your music will start to sync as well. This process lasts some time, depending on the amount of music you sync on your device.
- You will be notified when the process ends and you have the possibility to share your result with the Apple team in order to help them to improve their services. Make your choice and end the process of restoration.
Whether you choose the first or the second alternative, you have all your data restored on your device using your iTunes or iCloud account. It is simple and it can also be performed using a Wi-Fi network to make things even more accessible and faster.