Along with the untethered jailbreak tool offered by the Evad3rs team, some people encountered several problems after performing the process. In some cases, Cydia was not working properly while for others, the weather service failed after the Evasion jailbreak. Therefore, if you encountered the last issue, and you want to know how to fix weather app not working after Evasion jailbreak, then you are in the right place.
I am sure that many of you want to know the local weather forecast at one point, and in this case, you definitely want to fix this annoying problem. Apparently, this problem appears after the Evasion jailbreak performed on iOS 6.1 devices and the official installation solution is offered through Cydia. Follow the next steps in order to solve the weather problem from your iDevice.
1. The first step is about running a script directly on your device in order to force it to rebuild the corrupt file concerning the weather app not working issue from your iOS device. Go to Cydia, search for the OpenSSH package and install it on your device.
2. Once you have OpenSSH installed on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, close Cydia. At this point, you will have to go to Terminal feature in your Mac or to Command Prompt on your Windows computer. In the same time, you need to locate the IP address for the affected device. For this, go to Settings, in the Wi-Fi Section and select the connected networks.
3. Type ssh root@[IP ADDRESS] in the Terminal or Command window. You also need to add the IP address of your device. In case you do not have authentication for this action, you will have to give your permission in order to enable or disable certain connection services. Click on Yes in order to have access over the internet connections.
4. Things will become a little bit complicated now, but you do not have to worry about failing this process. Now, your computer has access over your iOS device. Copy the next code and paste it in the Terminal window. This is the most important step in fixing the weather app not working issue.
“ chmod -x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
killall -9 mobile_installation_proxy
rm /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
launchctl stop com.apple.mobile.installd
launchctl start com.apple.mobile.installd
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist ];
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore ];
chmod +x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
After this, you need to press enter in order for your computer to run the code. Do not worry if your device shuts down because this will also make your device to reboot.
5. After your iOS device is rebooted, the weather app not working issue should be solved. If you do not want to fix the weather app not working after Evasion jailbreak issue by following this method, then you should wait a little bit more before an official fix will be available on Cydia any time now. I am sure that the jailbreak team already has something in mind.