Since the iOS 6 was recently released on the market, developers hurried to find a suitable jailbreak tool that would offer support for this process. Soon, Redsnow was updated and it was compatible with all A4-based devices. Therefore, this jailbreak tool only performs jailbreak on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th generation. In the same time, iOS 6 was upgraded to iOS 6.0.1 and the jailbreak tool is able to offer a tethered jailbreak, which relies on iOS 6 IPSW. Lately, some users who own older devices suggested the fact that they encountered errors while performing the process. This error is called missing keys.plist and it prevents people to complete the jailbreak process. On the other hand, some people encountered this problem when they tried to reboot in a jailbreak mode.
However, in both cases, if you want to fix the missing keys.plist error during the jailbreak 6.0.1 process, here is what you need to do:
1. Exit Redsnow, turn off your device and unplug it.
2. Plug your device again and place it in the DFU mode without dealing with the Redsnow program.
3. Once you put your device in the DFU mode, you may search for Redsnow and run the program as administrator.
4. As soon as Redsnow is open, click on Extras, then on Select IPSW and they select the 6.0 IPSW option.
5. Turn back and start the jailbreak process. In the same time, you must check the Install Cydia option. At this time, you should let the program to do its job. At the end of it, after the phone booted, you must turn it off.
6. Unplug your device, exit Redsnow but then, plug it again and put it in the DFU mode once again.
7. Reenter Redsnow and click on Extras. There, you have to select the 6.0 IPSW again. Now, you need to select the Just boot option in order to place your device in a jailbreak mode. This is only because you perform only a tethered jailbreak.
This step-by-step guide should solve any problem or error you encounter whenever you try to jailbreak your iOS 6 device using the Redsnow jailbreak tool.