The main reason why people choose to jailbreak their devices is to be able to customize them. Users with non-jailbroken devices find it quite difficult to perform any change at any level on their devices. In this respect, now, despite the fact that you do not want to jailbreak your device, you can still change the carrier logo with the help of the CarrierEditor tweak without jailbreak.
For those of you who do not know, the carrier logo is the text in the top left part that tells you the name of the network operator you use. This simple tweak allows you to perform any change regarding this name and replace it with any other text or a smaller image. It is available only for iOS devices such as iPhone or iPad, on any model. If you want to know how to change carrier logo on iPhone or iPad without jailbreak, all you have to do is to follow these simple steps:
1: Download and install the CarrierEditor tweak. Take into consideration that this tweak is only available for OS X users and a Windows version will be released pretty soon.
2. Once you install the app, you will see the Let’s Get Started option.
3. The tweak will ask some information regarding your device such as mobile type and mobile operator. Once you choose the operator, you will be directed to a new menu where you will be able to change carrier logo for your device. You have the possibility to choose a logo from your personal collection or you can choose another one available in the application.
4. Once you choose the logo you want, click on the Compile Carrier Update option. This will create files on your desktop showing the original mobile operator logo and the modified extension.
5. After you perform all changes, open the iTunes app and hold the Shift button for Windows users or Option key for Mac users. Click on the iTunes Restore button. At this time, a new window will appear and you need to select the new carrier file with the extension.
6. Once iTunes finishes its job, you need to reboot your connected device for all changes to take place.
If you perform all steps as described earlier, you will succeed in changing the carrier logo for your iPhone or iPad and no jailbreak is required. Customize the carrier name as you please and put your personal touch on your device by using the CarrierEditor tweak.