Along with the release of the iOS 6, Apple has also introduced some new features and options. Now, users have the possibility to allow or deny Locations Access on iOS 6 for their devices due to the privacy control feature. The Privacy feature has become quite useful for some and annoying for others since it requires access to Contacts, Bluetooth, Facebook and Locations. In some simple words, with the new iOS 6 and the Privacy control feature, developers need full access over your personal information.
On the ether hand, if you do not want to share your location and you do not want all apps to know where you are, you can disable the feature only for some apps. While the Weather feature still asks for your location in order to offer precise results, the Camera feature does not need to know your location.
Allow or deny locations access on iOS 6 for your apps
If you want to choose to disable the Locations feature for all your apps on your device, here is what you need to do:
-Go to General and search for the Settings app.
–Tap on the Privacy tab.
– Next, choose Location Services.
– Here, you will see a switch on/off button. If the Location Services is currently on, switch it to Off. In this way, you turned off the Location services for all of your apps installed on the iOS 6 device.
On the other hand, if you still want the service to run for some apps only, then you have the possibility to allow or deny Location Services for certain apps only. In this way, only Facebook and Weather will be able to see your location while the Camera and Bluetooth cannot use your current location. During this time, the Location service will remain on, but off in the same time for the apps you choose to share your location with. For this, here is how you turn off Location access for certain apps:
– In the General Tab, choose Settings app.
– Once again, for to the Privacy Tab.
-Choose the Location Services.
– At this point, you will see a list containing all those apps supporting the location services. In the right part of their names, you can see the on/off switch button. Slide to right and you will turn them off. In this way, they will no longer be able to use the Location Service.
When you want to grant them access again, all you have to do is to follow the same steps and turn them on.