The latest version of the Yalu Jailbreak was released by Luca Todesco and now supports iOS 10.2. Before taking any action, you should consider that the jailbreak does not support iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus and is not stable yet.
However, if you have a supported iOS device and you are not willing to wait until the release of the stable version, then the following steps will help you jailbreak iOS 10.2 with Yalu and Cydia Impactor.
Before you start, we recommend you carefully read the remarks below:
- Compatible devices with the updated Yalu Jailbreak:
iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE;
iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad Pro;
iPod Touch 6;
- Non-supported iOS devices:
iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
- iOS 10.2 is required to use this jailbreak; if your device is running iOS 10.1 – iOS 10.1.1 read the instructions here.
- This jailbreak is semi-tethered
- You should run a complete backup of your device before proceeding with jailbreak
- Make sure you have enough battery level on your devices to allow the completion of the jailbreak process
- In case the jailbreak will not work correctly, restoring your device to the latest iOS software version will be necessary.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 using Yalu Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor:
1. To download the latest version of Cydia Impactor click here and for Yalu Jailbreak IPA for iOS 10.2 click here. The jailbreak IPA file will be named yalu102_alpha.ipa
2. Open Cyndia Impactor (double click).
3. Use a USB cable to connect your iOS device to your computer.
4. Once Cydia Impactor recognizes your device, it will be visible in the drop down list as in the example below.
5. Drag and drop the Yalu IPA file onto Cydia Impactor.
6. You will be required to enter your Apple ID and password. This information will be used to sign the IPA file and will be sent to Apple only.
7. After the app is installed on your devices, its icon should be visible on the Home screen, named “yalu102”.
8. Launching the app requires trusting the developer profile. In order to do that, go to Settings – General – Profiles & Device Management and tap on the profile that corresponds to the Apple ID used in Cydia Impactor.
9. Press the “Trust” button.
10. Return to the Home screen and open the “yalu102” app.
11. Pressing the Go button will run jailbreak. You should not touch your device until the completion of the jailbreak process.
12. An automatic reboot will run and Cydia should show up on the Home screen. If it doesn’t, launch the “yalu102” app and run the jailbreak process again.
With these steps you should have managed to jailbreak your device. When launching Cydia for the first time, allow it to take some time performing the initial setup. Once it is done, start using it, having in mind that only the supported tweaks should be installed to avoid any issues.
Since this jailbreak is semi-tethered, each time you restart your iOS device, you will need to launch the “yalu102” app in order to re-jailbreak it.
In case the jailbreak does not work properly, restore your device to iOS 10.2.1 to remove it.
Update: Yalu jailbreak for iOS 10.2 now supports all 64-bit devices, except iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.